Dubai Guide to Valentine's Day 2023
Of all the cities in the Middle East, Dubai is the right place to celebrate Valentine’s day. People from all part of the world, especially India and other Middle Eastern country head to Dubai to make their Valentine’s day special.
Why is Dubai the Favorite Valentine Destination?
There are various reasons for choosing Dubai as a Valentine destination.
- Open Culture: When compared to the rest of the Middle Eastern countries, Dubai has an open culture. There is no restriction on mingling with people of the opposite gender. People are free to celebrate this special day in whichever way they want. Moreover, the city is a multi-cultural melting pot, and you get to see people from other culture also celebrating this special day.
- Excellent weather: The weather in Dubai during February is at its best, and you can spend a lot of time outdoors exploring the city and its various entertainment options. The city will be beautified with colorful blooms, and most of the buildings have some special décor for Valentine’s day.
- A lot of entertainment options: There are various entertainment options in Dubai catering to people of all taste. Those who like a relaxed celebration can choose to go for a cruise ride or opt for a romantic dinner. The more adventurous one can head to the various adventure zones like IMG world or skydive, Dubai
- Best dining options: Dubai is a foodie’s paradise. Most of the restaurant’s and hotels have special Valentine’s day dining option with special Valentines day gifts. Whichever cuisine you like whether it is Asian, continental or Mediterranean, you are sure to find it in Dubai.
- A lot of shopping avenues: If you plan to gift something special to your Valentine, then Dubai is the right place for shopping. There are various shops that sell the best gifts for Valentines day, and most of the shops will have some exclusive deals during this time of the year. Whether you want to gift precious diamonds from Belgium or the latest design from Prada, it is possible in Dubai.
Things to Consider While Celebrating Valentine’s Day in Dubai
Though Dubai is the right choice for Valentine’s day celebration, you should keep in mind certain things while celebrating in Dubai.
- Dubai is predominantly a Muslim country. Hence, you should not indulge in activities that affect the religious sentiments of locals.
- You should always dress modestly while in Dubai especially if you plan to visit any of the religious places. Bikinis are allowed only in beaches and try to dress modestly while on the street.
- Reserve your seats in restaurants well ahead of time as almost all restaurants in Dubai will be full during this day. You can even check some deal sites and try to get a good deal.
- If you plan to gift flowers to your Valentine, it is best to book ahead of time as the flower shop Dubai will have a lot of orders to attend to.
Best Places to Have Valentine’s Day Dinner in Dubai
Here are a few places where you can cozy up and have a romantic dinner
- The Meydan Hotel: The Shiba and Farriers at Meydan hotel offers exclusive valentines day dinner for couples. While the Farriers is famous for European and Middle Eastern cuisine, Shiba is well-known for Chinese and Japanese fare. Prices start from AED 550, and you can make a reservation online.
- Hilton Garden Inn: Hilton Garden Inn has a special deal for a romantic dinner buffet at their Al Mina and Al Muraqabat branches. The deal includes seafood and steak buffet along with dessert and soft beverages. A pink welcome drink, as well as a red rose for the lady, is provided to go with the theme of the day.
- Pai Thai: If you want to indulge in some Thai cuisine, then head over to Pai Thai in Jumeirah. Located inside Madinat Jumeirah, the restaurant offers special dinner for two for Valentine’s day along with the performance by Thai dancers.
- Vanitas: Located inside the Palazzo Versace, the Vanitas is the best Italian restaurant in town. Set against the Dubai Creek, the restaurant provides the right ambiance for a cozy, romantic dinner.
Other Places to Celebrate Valentine’s Day in Dubai
If you want to stay away from the glitz and glamor of the city and celebrate the special day in a unique way, here are a few places worth visiting.
Al Qudra lake: Located in the outskirts of Dubai is the famous Al Qudra lake. This is the best place to cozy up on Valentine’s day with a beautiful waterfront view. You can either go for a ride along the cycle track or watch the birds in its natural habitat. You can even set up a tent and camp on the lakeside.
Al Bastakiya: Discover the old side of Dubai at Al Bastakiya. You can walk down the narrow alleys of the quarters or go shopping at the traditional souk in Bastakiya. Bastakiya also has a beautiful picturesque surrounding where you can click some beautiful Valentine’s day pictures.
Dubai Creek: A cruise down the creek is another great option available for Valentines day. You can even opt for a dinner cruise where you get to spend some quality time with each other.
- Parks: From small to big, there is no shortage of parks in Dubai. You can visit any of the parks and have a relaxing stroll or even set up a barbeque spot in a quiet corner of the park. Few of the parks worth visiting are the Zabeel Park, Jumeirah beach park, and Mushrif park.
There is more to valentines day than gifting sweets and flowers. Try to make this valentines day unique in every way so that it remains in your memory forever.
Wish you all a Very Happy Valentines Day.