Best Selling Bonsai trees
The best gift you can give someone is flowers, which have taken center stage as a result of flower delivery in Dubai. You can give a flower to anyone, regardless of their age or gender.
But have you ever thought of gifting a Bonsai tree? Bonsai tree also conveys the same feeling like a flower. But the only difference is that it is eternal. It does not wither off or die like a flower. It is a perfect symbol of the love, care, and consideration you have for the other person.
Bonsai is a Japanese art form of cultivating small trees in a container. Bonsai trees do not produce any fruits or flowers but are grown mainly for a spiritual or decorative purpose. Bonsai can be created from any tree with a woody stem or a shrub. A Bonsai tree is the best symbol of spirituality and artistic talent while connecting purely with nature.
Whatever the occasion is, a Bonsai tree makes a perfect gift. You can gift it for birthday, anniversary, Christmas, Easter, Earth day or just about any special day. There are few reasons why bonsai makes a perfect gift.
- A bonsai tree is eternal. That is, it lives as long as you care for it. Sometimes a bonsai plant can live even longer than a person
- A Bonsai tree is easy to take care of. Regular fertilization is the only requirement for a bonsai plant.
- It can be used as a decorative piece. During Christmas time, you can hang garlands and small balls in it, and it brings in the spirit of the season.
- No two bonsai plants are identical. Thus, they make a unique gift.
Types of Bonsai
These are bonsai’s that grow inside the house and require the same amount of care like your other house plants. Indoor bonsai should be placed in areas that receive a reasonable amount of sunlight but not direct sunlight. Examples of indoor bonsai are certain types of elms, ficus species, and baby jade.
As the name implies, these are bonsai trees that need to be kept outdoors. Hence, they require more care than indoor bonsai. Such plants should be watered once in two-three days and also requires proper fertilization. But outdoor bonsai should not be exposed to direct sunlight during summer months and extreme cold during winter months. Outdoor bonsai can be of two varieties. One that shed their leaves during winter and one that remains evergreen throughout.
Let us have a look at few of the best-selling Bonsai trees
bonsai-china Chinese Bonsai: Chinese Bonsai is a miniature form of tree that was originally developed in China. It is an object of meditation. It is believed that such trees help in building inner strength, peace, and wisdom. Chinese bonsai includes not just the tree, but also the landscape surrounding it. Rocks are arranged in miniature landscapes and the bonsai tree is placed in Chinese bonsai style. These bonsai’s are available from few centimeters in height to few meters.
bonsai’s are available from few centimeters in height to few meters.
Ficus bonsai: Ficus bonsai is developed from Mulberry plant and is a very popular indoor tree species. The most popular variety of Ficus bonsai is Ficus Retusa with an S-shaped trunk and dark green leaves. Another type is the Ficus Ginseng with a thick, pot-bellied trunk. Most of the Ficus bonsai trees can develop aerial root if 100% humidity is provided. These roots grow down from the branches and form as sturdy trunks.
Things to consider while choosing Bonsai tree
- Climate: The climate of your area plays a significant role in the healthy growth of the bonsai tree. If you are living in a tropical area, then bonsai trees of bougainvillea, Brazilian rain tree, and Ficus grows very fast. For cold climate, Maple, elms, spruce, and cedar are the right choice.
- Indoor or outdoor: Some bonsai trees adapt only to indoor climate whereas some others require sunny weather. If you are planning to buy indoor bonsai, then sago palms, baby jade, and serissa are the right choice. For outdoor bonsais, you should opt for Juniper, maple, apple, and elms.
- Trunk: A healthy bonsai will have a thicker trunk at the bottom which tapers down as you go up. The surface of the trunk should not have any damage and should be smooth.
- Roots: The roots of the bonsai tree should be sticking up from the soil and not out of the soil. The root should be anchored securely and should not look awkward.
- Branches: A good bonsais should have branches that grow evenly and relatively low on the trunk. The branches should be appropriately angled in opposite directions and should not crisscross.
- Leaves: The leaves of the bonsai tree should be of even color and should not be dried out. It should be glossy and bright and pleasant to look at.
Buying a bonsai tree as a gift is not a difficult task anymore. Various online stores offer high-quality bonsai plants at an affordable rate. Keeping the above tips in mind will ensure that you get the best deal for the amount spent.