Though, flowers are beautiful to look at and fill our mind with peace and relaxation it is not meant for all. There are few people who suffer from allergy by the presence of flowers. The allergy can range from a runny nose and cough to swollen and bluish skin under the eyes.
The Reasons Behind Flower Allergies
The main reason for flower allergies is the pollen present in the flowers.
Pollen is a powder like substance that is found in all beautiful flowers. This substance helps in fertilizing other plants and in producing new plants of the same breed.
Some people develop an adverse reaction when they breathe in pollen. The immune system of such people consider pollen as harmful to the body and thus develops antibodies to ward off these pollens. This reaction comes out in the form of allergy.
Symptoms of Pollen Allergy
Different people develop different symptoms towards pollen. But the most common symptoms found are
- Sneezing, running nose and nasal congestion.
- Sinus with facial pain.
- Decreased sense of smell and taste.
- Watery, swollen eyes and a bluish color under the eyes.
- Sore throat and cough.
These symptoms can be experienced throughout the year or during certain months of the year depending on the type of pollen you are allergic to.
Flowers Allergy Sufferers Should Avoid
- Aster: Asters are daisy-like flowers with star-shaped flower head. They bloom during the late summer or early autumn, and its pollen may not be suitable for some people.
- Dahlia: Dahlia’s are bushy flowers that are available in different colors and varieties. Dahlia is a summer flower and starts flowering during mid-July. Those who are allergic to this flower may develop hay fever when exposed to it.
- Daisy: Daisies are flowers with white petals and yellow center and are rich in pollen. Daisies start blooming during late spring or early summer and last for one season. Thus, those who are allergic to daisies should avoid going near it
Best Flowers for Those with Allergies
- Hydrangea: Hydrangea with its variety of colors and beautiful pattern is one of the best flowers for allergy sufferers. But those who are extremely sensitive should try to avoid Pee Gee Hydrangea and Oak Leaf Hydrangea.
- Lilies: Lilies are the best flower bouquet that you can gift a person with allergy as some varieties of lilies are free from pollens. They are available in a range of colors like pink, white, red and orange and would make an ideal choice for flower arrangements.
- Geranium: Geranium has very little pollen in them, and thus they do not cause an allergic reaction. Scientists have also developed a pollen-free variety of Geranium which can be used by those who are highly susceptible to allergies.
- Rose: Rose does not have pollen that is dispersed by the wind, and hence it does not cause allergy. They are available in different colors and varieties, and a bouquet of roses would be the right choice for your friend who suffers from an allergy.
If you are on the lookout for flower shop Dubai that provides bright and beautiful flowers for allergy sufferers, then visit 800flower.ae. We have a wide range of flowers in all color and varieties and is sure to meet all your floral requirements.