Eid Al Adha 2023 Gift Ideas
Muslims all over the world celebrate this festival with the true spirit of sharing. Prayers and sermons are conducted, and the entire family gets together during the ‘Festival of Sacrifice.’
What is Eid Al Adha?
Eid Al Adha or the Festival of Sacrifice, is one of the holy festivals of the Muslims that is celebrated on the tenth day of Dhu al-Hijjah. This festival is celebrated in honor of Ibrahim, the messenger of God.
It is believed that Ibrahim was ready to sacrifice his son in obedience to God’s command. But God was pleased with his decision and came in the way. God asked him to sacrifice a goat instead of his son.
To honor this humble act of Ibrahim, the goat is sacrificed on this day and distributed among friends and family.
Gifting is a part of the Eid Al Adha celebration. Though there are different things to do on Eid in Dubai, people still resort to gifting as the major activity during Eid.
Gifts are exchanged among family and friends along with Eid greetings. From clothes to jewelry and flower bouquet, anything can be gifted for Eid.
Here we are sharing a few interesting gift ideas for Eid.
Eid Gifts for Women
Jewelry: Jewelry would make an ideal Eid gift for your mother or wife. You can select from imitation jewelry to diamond jewelry depending on your budget.
Before buying jewelry, you should have an idea about the style they follow. If your mother or wife is traditional, then you should purchase jewelry that matches their style. If they are used to western wear, then you can opt for modern jewelry that blends with their style of dressing.
- Dry fruits: A box of dry fruit is a common sight in most of the Arab houses. You can select from dates, apricots, prunes, walnuts, and almonds. You can also purchase customized dry fruit boxes to complement the gift.
Flowers: If you are unsure as to what to gift your mother, wife, or a female friend, then a bouquet made of beautiful flowers would make an ideal gift for Eid. You can gift stunning flower arrangements or a bouquet of roses or tulips as per your choice.
Most of the flower shop Dubai will have something special for Eid, which makes your gift selection much easier. Some shops offer flower delivery Dubai, and hence you can make sure that the gift will be delivered on time.
Home décor items: Decorating the home is a part of the Eid celebration. You can gift home décor items that go with the theme of the festival like a lantern and traditional lamp. You can also gift beautiful flower arrangements for decoration.
If you want to go the unconventional way and gift something different, then you can buy candles, dry flowers Dubai, and miniature plant like bonsai.
- Spa voucher: Who wouldn’t want to unwind and relax in between the hectic schedule? Gift a spa voucher and bring a smile on her face. Let her pamper herself and take a break from the busy schedule.
There are many spa Eid offers in Dubai, and you can purchase the one that you think best.
Eid Gifts for Men
- Apparel: Kandura is the traditional dress of Muslim men. Since most of the Muslim men already have Kandura collection, you can provide a customized piece. Sherwani and kurtas are other choices for men.
- Perfume: If you want to go the traditional way, then attar would be the right choice. Otherwise, you can go for any of the international brands of perfumes.
- Sunglass: Stepping out in the blazing summer without a sunglass is unimaginable. Why not gift a branded sunglass as Eid gift? Many shops provide Eid offer in UAE for spectacle, and you can select one depending on your budget.
- Cake: If you want to go the unconventional way and gift something unique, then a cake would be the right gift for him. You can select from a wide range of cakes like cupcakes, cheesecake and ice cream cake. You can even go for a customized cake for that special person.
- Gift hampers: Different types of gift hampers are available online, which would make a good Eid gift. For the tea addicts, you can choose the lime Tree Middle Eastern Morning Tea Hamper. For those who like a Middle Eastern flavor in their dishes, the Lime Tree Flavors of Dubai Condiments Basket would be the right choice.
Eid Gifts for Kids
‘Eidia’ or monetary gift continues to be the most popular gifting option for kids. In addition to this, you can also gift the following to children.
- Chocolates: Whatever the occasion, chocolates continue to be the favorite gift for children. Godiva, Lindt, Hershey, and Toblerone usually brings out exclusive collection during Eid. Few of brands even have Eid offer when you buy in bulk.
- Apparel: Since this is the time of Eid sale Dubai, you can get a good deal on branded clothes. Juniors, Disney, Puma, and Hello Kitty, are a few of the brands worth trying.
- Prayer mat: There are prayer mats exclusively designed for kids with a picture of a mosque or Kaaba. There are mats with guided drawings which can help them through the process of praying.
- Games and books: You can gift them games about the holy Quran, or books related to religion. Arabic letter charts and Islamic stickers are other choices for kids.
- Play area gift voucher: Looking for Eid activities in Dubai to keep your kids engaged? Then gift them a voucher of any of the indoor play areas in Dubai. Few of the places worth exploring are Funcity, Mattel play town or Extreme fun.
Eid is the time of happiness; when you share and care for your loved ones. Providing unique gifts during this festive season is a great way to express your love and gratitude for others. May this Eid Al Adha bring a lot of luck and good fortune to one and all.