It is that time of the year when Muslims all over the world celebrate Eid Al Adha or the “Festival of Sacrifice.” It is one of the holy festivals of Muslims and is celebrated by all residents of Dubai with great joy and enthusiasm.
Eid Al Adha in Dubai is holiday time with both public and private offices and institutions staying out of work. It is also the time of family gatherings where family members get together and have a sumptuous feast. They wear new clothes, prepare a grand feast and exchange gifts among them. Houses will be decorated with lights, decorative lantern, and beautiful flowers to bring in the celebratory mood.
What is Eid?
“Eid Al Adha” or “Eid,” as it is popularly called, is celebrated in honor of Ibrahim’s willingness to sacrifice his son. It is believed that Ibrahim showed his readiness to sacrifice his son in obedience to God’s command. But, before he could sacrifice, God gave him a lamb and asked him to sacrifice the animal instead. To honor this, Eid Al Adha is celebrated all over the world by sacrificing a goat.
On this particular day, families purchase a goat and divide it into threewp- parts. One part is given to the poor, the second part is gifted to the relatives, and the third part is taken home.
When is Eid in Dubai?
The date of Eid Al Adha changes every year depending on the lunar cycle.
This year in Dubai, Eid Al Adha is expected to fall on 11th August. This is based on the assumption that the new moon of the lunar month will be sighted on August 1st.
Why Spend Eid in Dubai?
Eid Al Adha is marked by celebration all over Dubai. Though the first day of the festival is set aside for get-togethers and family reunion; the subsequent days are for merrymaking.
A week before Eid, the entire city of Dubai will be decked up with beautiful lights and lanterns to celebrate the festival. This brings about a celebratory mood all over the city.
Restaurants will have special fare serving delectable Eid cuisine. Since it is holiday time in Dubai, you can explore the restaurants and try out various cuisines.
Gifting is a part of the Eid celebration. Thus, the malls will have special Eid offers in Dubai that lets you get the best deal on almost all products. Big international brands to local shops take part in this Eid offers in UAE.
In addition to this, you also get to enjoy traditional dance performances, music concerts, and heritage shows at different venues.
Things to do for Eid in Dubai
Here are a few of the interesting things to do on Eid in Dubai.
- Enjoy Dubai Summer Surprise at Modesh World: Modesh World is a family event that is conducted every year during the summer season. Since this year’s Eid Al Adha falls during the summer holiday, this is the right place you can celebrate.This year marks the 20th year of the Modesh World which offers a range of activities for both kids and adults. Kids can enjoy the adventure zone and wheel zone where they get to explore various games and adventurous activities. Adults can enjoy live shows and festivities and try out delectable cuisine. There will also be a special Eid offer on food and games.
- Watch the Eid Al Adha fireworks: Eid celebration in Dubai is incomplete without watching the spectacular fireworks on show. There will be special fireworks at The Beach, Le Mer, Dubai Festival City, and Al Seef. You can enjoy the firework with your family and friends and exchange EID greetings with others.
- Go shopping: Since most of the malls and shops have special EID sale Dubai, this is the right time to go for shopping. You can buy special Eid gift for family members and friends. Most of the malls and shopping centers will have a massive discount on apparel, electronic goods, and home décor products. If you are planning to buy gifts, then perfumes, flower bouquet, and sweets would be the right choice.In addition to shopping, most of the malls will also have live performances to entertain visitors. The malls bear a festive look with beautiful lights and shows. There will also be special programs to entertain the kids. Few of the malls will also have pop-up shops selling locale ware like jewelry, apparel, and beautiful flower arrangements.
- Enjoy the tropical beauty at the Green planet: If you are looking for some ‘cool’ Eid activities in Dubai, then a visit to the green planet would be the right choice. Walk through a tropical rainforest and get to know more about the plant and animal life. Kids can even be a part of the ‘summer camp in the city’ and experience the Green planet and its various attractions.
- Cool down at Wild Wadi waterpark: Beat the summer heat and spend the Eid holidays at one of the largest water theme parks in Dubai. You can spend quality time with your family and enjoy the fantastic water rides. Or you can relish the lip-smacking burgers and relax in the Wadi cabins.
- Get a Flavor of the Arab world at Al Bastakiya: Eid is the right time to connect with the tradition and culture of the Arab world. Visit the Al Bastakiya quarters and walk down the alleys. If you want you can even take an Abra ride to get to know the old Dubai. You can also do some Eid shopping at the Bastakiya souq and also visit the Dubai museum.
- Enjoy a dinner cruise: Eid holidays are the time to unwind and relax with family and friends. What better way to connect with them than having a sumptuous dinner!!You can go for a dinner cruise in Dubai Canal or Dubai Marina with a dazzling view of the skyscrapers. The pristine water and beautiful views offer complete relaxation.
Festivals are the right time to take a break from the regular routine and connect with family and friends. We hope this Eid Al Adha brings a lot of good cheer, happiness, and the Almighty’s blessings to one and all.